Personal Development and Employability Skills Qualifications
The Prince’s Trust Award, Certificate and Diploma in Personal Development and Employability Skills (PDE) These can be obtained at a Level 1 or Level 2.
Staff: Paula Smith
The Prince’s Trust qualifications in Personal Development and Employability Skills recognise a breadth of personal skills, qualities and attitudes required by employers across a range of sectors. The programme is designed to connect young people with the world of work and equip them with the transferrable skills and knowledge they need to succeed.
The course is flexible giving learners the opportunity to:
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in, and through, learning that is relevant to them and support their development of personal skills and attributes that are essential for working life and employment.
- Prepare themselves for progression into further education programmes, apprenticeships or other work based learning.
- Develop their English and mathematics skills.
- Choose bite-sized chunks of learning or whole qualifications
- Develop their achievements at their own pace and in different learning contexts
- Combine learning to help achieve their goals
- Have their achievements recorded centrally to remain with them throughout their learning and working life.
Through the Programme young people will produce a portfolio to show how they’ve met the PDE qualification assessment criteria. The qualification recognises the skills and knowledge young people develop on the programme, by offering a variety of relevant units including:
- SKILLS FOR SCHOOL
- PERSONAL, SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
- LIFE SKILLS
- ACTIVE CITIZENSHIP
- ENTERPRISE PROJECTS
- PREPARATION FOR WORK
Pupils receive two 5o minute lessons per week.